Sunglasses are part of a select few wardrobe items that easily transition from one season to the next. We can thank the Olsen twins, Victoria Beckham and Kris Jenner to name a few, for making this fashion item an appropriate accessory for any occasion or time of day.
I decided to shop Slaughter & Fox and chose this gorgeous pair of sunnies in the style “upper east side”. Not only was I drawn to the name but also to the bamboo like arms. The frame is quite light thanks to the poly carbonate and metal. I enjoy the personal touch of having it be hand polished which adds to the luxe look.
I find these polarized sunnies to be incredibly light. The 5.5cm wide lens and 1.8cm bridge ensure that the fit is perfectly suited for my face shape.
I have a few rules when it comes to handling my shades so here are my top tips for sunglass longevity:
1. Only clean your sunglass lenses with a micro-fibre cloth. Using clothing could cause scratches due to the roughness of the thread.
2. Store your shades in their holder/case. Empty cases can be bought at most pharmacies and retail outlets.
3. When removing your sunglasses, never put them face down onto a surface. Scratches, marks and chips are inevitable if you do so.
4. Try your best to avoid wearing them on your head, it ruins the shape, although, we’re all guilty of this, even me!
5. Use both hands when removing them. You’re at risk of bending the arms and misshaping your sunglasses when using only one.
There are a few things to consider about when picking out your perfect frame. It’s best to find a pair that complements your face shape. It is suggested that the shape of your sunglasses should be opposite of your face. I find that the rule is generally broken but it is a good starting point when deciding your style of frame. You’ll also want to make sure that that you always have a classic shape in your collection, wayfarer and aviators are variations that have stood the test of time and will continue to be relevant.
Sunglasses – Upper East Side by Slaughter & Fox | Small Silver Hoops – Wildfire | Tassel Earrings – DIY
If you love fashion realted posts then please subscribe here for more.